The Children’s Museum of Denver broke ground in April 2014 on a children’s museum expansion like no other.
The NEW Children’s Museum of Denver will be the children’s museum Colorado needs: a world-class facility with one-of-a-kind kid-powered exhibits that are unique to our state and support the needs of Colorado children. All of the exhibits and programs are being designed at the Museum, by a team of early childhood experts and exhibit designers.
The expansion will double the Museum’s space with dynamic new experiences, including:
- A 3-story climber
- An irresistible hands-in water lab
- An invigorating (and giant) outdoor experience
- A powerful air and energy exhibit
- A dazzling new art studio
- Great new amenities like more parking, adult seating and a dedicated school group entrance
The expansion is slated to be completed in late 2015, with some very exciting exhibit openings and milestones along the way.