Canyon walls, boulders and the waterfall lookout wall (a 5 ton slab of sandstone!) are making their way into Joy Park, our 30,000 square foot outdoor adventure. Our plaza is crawling with construction equipment – backhoes, front loaders, excavators, cranes … all here to make sure we have the most epic, exquisite, unforgettable outdoor exhibit ever made! (Yes, we aim high.)
Here’s what’s happening out there:
- We are grading the landscape to make the topography exactly what we need for Joy Park – space for dunes, hills, ruins, forts, canyons, rivers,peaks and valleys.
- The vault rooms are installed that hold the pumps for the flowing river and waterfall.
- We are laying the foundations for the cloud shade structure at the peak of the hill.
- Installing the Gabion walls (mesh wireframe with rocks inside), which are part of the canyon wall system and the maze at the peak of the hill.
- Installing the canyon walls – giant slabs of sandstone that have the texture and different grades of color, modeled after the light and shadows you see on real canyon walls.